logotipo Ayuntamiento de Córdoba Museo Baños del Alcázar Califal Disponible para Iphone

Room's Map

Lion´s Tower (1 of 2)

The Lions’ Tower , located in the northeast part of the building, is now the main entrance to the Alcazar of the Christian Kings. It owes its name to the gargoyles on the top. It is the oldest tower of the building, with a quadrangular floor-plan and almohad-style border. This tower is adorned by balconies and battlements. The current entrance was opened in 1662, as it had previously been walled up.

The inner rooms are covered by graceful groin vaults, with ogives and ribs of Cordoban stone. The inner arches are supported by fine columns, highlighting the feeling of verticality and the beauty of the gothic capitals which support the arches.

Press the Play buttons to access a speech version of the description or the audiodescription for visually impaired.
Click in Audiodescription to access to its text version.

Not available.

Alcazar of the Christian Monarchs. Plaza Campo Santo de los Mártires s/n. 14004 Córdoba

2011 Ayto. de Córdoba. All rights reserved. Legal Advice